23.3.11

Jason Tako oil painting-Waiting for his return

This is a painting of my beautiful wife. Its oil on linen, 24"x18". We went out to a wooded area during autumn and I did a small oil sketch and then took multiple photos of her in different poses. Back in the studio, I created this painting using the photos and the sketch. It was in a gallery for a while and it almost sold, but I ended up taking it home. It now hangs in my studio. It is hard to give up such God-given beauty. More of my work can be viewed at www.jasontako.com. I know a couple people have tried to contact me via commenting. My email is luke_tako@yahoo.com. God bless!

5 comments:

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Wow! wonderful painting… thanks for posting!

sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jason - I think it is beautiful that you could not part with it. I bet your lovely wife was quite pleased with that!

Keep up the great work. These works draw our hearts and minds to the higher more 'real' things in life.

Johannes said...

From me many thanks! I am pleased to announce the artist on my blog!

J. Gordon Anderson said...

Very nice! You would have been disappointed had you sold it. It will be a family heirloom to treasure for generations.